First time running an equity or a lending crowdfunding campaign? Want to make it a success? Well pack your lunch cos it’s back to the books.
We've helped over 20 organisations run equity and lending based crowdfunding:
While every company and organisation is different, there are a lot of common areas where they need guidance and support. With our experience, and feedback from our crowd of campaigners, we've pulled together the CrowdfundingU programme to help organisations crowdfund.
Whether you’re a company wanting to raise a million dollars and make a media splash or just want to do a private friends & family round CrowdfundingU can help ready your business to more effectively communicate what you’re up to.
There are two versions of the programme:
- Small campaigns: this is a two session course covering your plan and your pitch. You will learn the basics needed to run a successful equity or lend campaign.
- Large campaigns (aiming to raise over $100,000): this is a six session programme that works with you and your team to prepare a comprehensive capital raising plan.
You can read the full programme plan here.
The programme costs $750 + GST for campaigns aiming to raise under $100,000, and $3,000 + GST for campaigns aiming to raise over $100,000. If this is your first time crowdfunding, you’ll be required to run through this course before running your campaign.
There may be additional costs to launching and running your campaign after CrowdfundingU which may include: legal, accounting, design and events.
How it works: Capability Vouchers for CFU
Our CrowdfundingU service is now registered under the Regional Business Partner network, meaning companies can apply to have up to half of the course cost paid for with a capability voucher issued by their local economic development agency.
Here is the service: https://app.regionalbusinesspartners.co.nz/MarketPlace/MarketplaceService/8306
How do you get vouchers?
If you already have a customer manager at your local Economic Development agency, give them a call or email to chat about getting capability vouchers to help with capital raising. Feel free to mention our service to them during the discussion. You can receive up to $5,000 per year in matched funding.
If you don’t have a customer manager yet, the first step is to register as a business. Your local Regional Business Partner will be in touch to set up a meeting. Here’s the contact list of all the agencies if you need to follow up.
Once the Regional Business Partner has decided to support your company with capability vouchers, send us an email. We will create an event for you in the system, send you the details, and get you to book the service.
Once booked, we’ll generate an invoice for you to pay, and set the first date for CrowdfundingU.
What are NZTE capability development vouchers?
From NZTE’s website:If you have aspirations to grow your business you might also be eligible for an NZTE Capability Development Voucher, which is offered through the Regional Business Partners network.NZTE Capability Development Vouchers are available to businesses to use as partial payment towards the cost of capability development and training in the following areas:
- business planning
- business systems
- business sustainability
- capital raising
- lean manufacturing / business operations
- managing resources
Is my business eligible to access a Capability Development Voucher?
To be eligible for a voucher a business must:
- be operating with 50 or fewer FTEs
- be GST registered in New Zealand
- be operating in a commercial environment – i.e. you’re currently trading
- be privately owned or a Maori Trust or Incorporation under the Te Ture Whenua Maori Act 1993 or similar organisation managing Maori assets under multiple ownership
- have undergone assessment by a Regional Business Partner.
Business should also:
- have the potential and desire to grow
- demonstrate commitment to improving management capability – indicators of commitment include seeking advice, working through the assessment process, and a willingness to co-fund and commit time to capability-building activities
- have an identified gap in its capability that can be addressed through management capability building and training.
What is the Regional Business Partner Network?
The Regional Business Partner Network helps New Zealand businesses innovate and grow by making it easier to access early stage business support. The network is made up of 14 Regional Business Partners throughout New Zealand and is supported by New Zealand Trade and Enterprise (NZTE) and Callaghan Innovation.
Are you ready to join the class of 2017?
Drop us a line [email protected] to chat more about this programme or crowdfunding with PledgeMe.